Monday 11 December 2017

Tameshiwari

A couple weeks ago I was asked by a friend of mine who I‘ve known for quite long if I wanted to take pictures of a Tameshiwari at my old karate school.
I did karate for around eight years and then I stopped because I wanted to try some new things. Maybe I‘ll start again one day when I have a little more spare time. This friend of mine, Philip, was in my karate class back then. Afterwards, we didn‘t have much contact anymore, but now we‘re in school together and playing piano in the BigBand of our school! Funny how ways cross again someday :)

Back to the Tameshiwary. What is that, you might ask? Something to eat? No, it‘s actually just the act of breaking stuff. At our school, we mainly do it with wooden planks and roof tiles. They also educate you how to do it in many different ways and every year there‘s an event where a lot of students come together to break some things!

And this time I took some cool pictures of it:










No comments:

Post a Comment